Effective 24 March 2020, TRLMI was designated part of the Critical Infrastructure by the U.S. Navy and as such, we are in the process of resuming operations. At this time, we are planning for a limited class schedule starting on April 6th. We are completing a deep cleaning of the facility to prepare for the resumption of classes. When operations commence, we will continue the steps we had initiated to protect our staff and students prior to the temporary shutdown, including:
- Following the guidelines as set forth by The State of California and County of San Diego Health and Human Services Agency and the Order of the Health Officer dated March 16, 2020. We are in regular communication with County of San Diego Health personnel and are implementing all of their recommendations, while continuing to monitor for future guidance.
- Re-emphasizing common-sense practices used against the spread of all viruses, such as not coming to the facility if you are feeling ill, covering coughs and sneezes, washing hands often, and preventing any person-to-person contact.
- Older adults and individuals with underlying medical conditions who are at increased risk of serious COVID 19 are encouraged not to attend (this includes all TRLMI team members).
Screening of all persons entering TRLMI for coronavirus symptoms and excluding such people from the facility if symptomatic. All visitors will be required to complete a screening questionnaire.
- Following social distancing recommendations, including providing 6 feet of space between students in classrooms. We are limiting classes to 10 or fewer people.
For spaces such as the fire trainer, where social distancing is limited due to physical configuration of the space, TRLMI will provide Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), consisting of face masks and gloves for students and staff.
- Following the environmental cleaning guidelines as provided by the CDC (e.g., clean and disinfect high touch surfaces at least daily if not more frequently).
Due to the limited schedule, please check our web site and/or contact student services to confirm class availability and start times.
We will continue to provide updates as the situation evolves.
Contact info@TRLMI.com or call 619 263-1638