Do you have a passion for teaching? Do you have a desire to positively impact other people’s lives? Maritime Institute is looking for dedicated educators who want to join our maritime training team in San Diego, California. We are currently looking to fill full-time and part-time positions for the following candidates:
- A candidate who is experienced in shipboard electrical systems operation and maintenance.
- A candidate who is experienced in shipboard refrigeration systems operation and maintenance.
- A candidate who is experienced in high voltage power system maintenance and repair.
Instructors in this position will spend 20 – 40 hours a week teaching Maritime Engineering in a state-of-the-art facility to personnel with various experience levels in the industry. There will be classroom instruction, coupled with the use of mechanical and electrical training laboratories, and the use of a full mission capable engineering simulator.
Maritime Institute is looking for candidates that are willing to challenge themselves and desire to work in a team centric environment with a positive attitude and willingness to go above and beyond for our students and guests. Candidates must be willing to work day shifts, night shifts, and travel for on-sight training on occasion.
- Must be able to be vetted through the National Maritime Center (NMC) for certification as a United States Coast Guard approved instructor.
- Must have 10 years’ experience in shipboard engineering systems design, operation, maintenance, and repair.
- Must have at least 1-year experience as a Chief Engineer or First Assistant Engineer on vessels of at least 3000 k/W / 4,000 HP or equivalent military experience
- Must possess effective communication skills and establish a good rapport with staff, students, and guests.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently with students in group settings and in one-on-one environments.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Power-point, Outlook and Excel)
- Experience in an instructional setting is a plus.
- USCG Licensed Chief Engineer, Motor and Gas Turbine Vessels, Unlimited Horsepower
- 3-5 years teaching experience in the field of Marine Engineering
- STCW endorsement for Electro-Technical Officer
- Prior experience in learning management systems and curriculum development
- Demonstrates the ability to positively maintain a focused learning environment in a variety of situations and settings.
- Use teaching techniques to dynamically present the curriculum to students of a wide range of ages and abilities.
- Convey knowledge of and demonstrate safety procedures to participants in educational activities and effectively enforce safety guidelines.
- Works with supervisors to resolve student behavioral problems.
- Assists in the maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Assists the Engineering Department Head in developing/implementing new curriculum.
- Works as part of a team with other staff members and uses interpersonal communication techniques to ensure the success of the programs and positive work environment.
- Maintains a positive and professional attitude/appearance in an instructional working environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Maritime Institute is an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, religion or religious creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, transitioning status, national origin, ancestry, uniform service member status, military and veteran status, marital status, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, and disability status, as well as any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
To apply email your resume to: email@example.com