How to Apply
You MUST apply at https://tinyurl.com/4f948yud by Sept 19, 2023 at midnight EST.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don’t take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 250+ reviews.
New Higher Pay: $38,516 – $67,404
We are looking for an experienced Marine Paint Supervisor to join our Ferry Shipyard team.
In this role, you will:
- Supervise the preparation, application, and maintenance of marine paint coating systems used to preserve aluminum and steel ferries, dredges, barges, and work boats.
- Inspect vessels for rusted areas, determine necessary coatings, and direct staff in surface coating preparation and application.
- Direct vessel blockings and inspect lifesaving equipment for compliance to US Coast Guard regulations.
- Ensure work is reviewed through analysis of coating effectiveness to withstand deterioration.
- Inspect hulls, superstructures, and all coated surfaces of steel vessels and determine areas needing re-coating.
- Determine needed surface preparation and type/number of paint coats.
- Direct teams in sand washing, sandblasting, and painting of steel vessels.
- Inspect required lifesaving equipment, repair/replace lifeboats, vests, etc.
- Review staff’s work of painters and sandblasters.
- Through stock supervisors, orders necessary equipment and surface coatings.
- Manage moving of deck plates to access bilge for cleaning, degreasing, and make ready for Marine Chemist gas free certification.
What You Bring
- Working knowledge of the techniques of steel surface preparation prior to application of coatings, paints and preservation used on steel and wood surfaces, and US Coast Guard vessel safety regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to estimate amounts and kinds of supplies needed based on past records.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and train painters and sandblasters.
Education & Experience
- High school/GED diploma, and
- 5+ years of experience in surface preparation and painting of steel surfaces preferably in ship repair/building; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Call me: Rene Basnight at 252-423-5125
Connect to NCDOT Careers: https://linkedin.com/in/ncdot-careers
Explore more NCDOT jobs: https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs