Website City Experiences
City Experiences’ passion is to provide amazing experiences on land and water. Our 40-year success through organic growth and acquisitions has resulted in a portfolio of over 25+ brands that welcome upwards of 30 million guests/riders annually. If you’re an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may just be the opportunity for you.
About the Opportunity:
The First Officer position works closely with the Captain and all other departments to ensure a safe and enjoyable cruise for all guests and crew. This is a guest facing position, so customer service must be a top priority.
We are looking for candidates who take pride in their appearance, have superb customer service, and communication skills. A flexible schedule is a must as it includes evenings, weekends, and holidays. This person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody City Experiences’ RESPECT Service System.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Handle mooring lines
- Participate in safety and security drills as required by WQSB
- Enforce crew and passenger safety
- Stand wheel watches as required
- Check heads / vessel for cleanliness
- Directly supervises deckhands
- Harbor Tour Narration / make announcements over PA system
- Will work as a “Senior Deckhand” on company vessels
- Additional job duties assigned
- 1 year recent boating experience
- High School or equivalency
- First Aid / CPR
- You must have a willingness to learn and help all onboard duties.
- You must posses and maintain a current California Driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- Customer service experience in the Hospitality Industry is a help.
- You are able to obtain a Merchant Mariner’s Document (MMD).
The RESPECT Service System embodies City Experiences’ mission, vision, values and operating principles. By creating a company culture that puts RESPECT at its core, we believe it will drive us to achieve our goal of becoming a Global Experiences and Transportation Leader.
City Experiences is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military status, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additional, City Experiences participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Pursuant to applicable State and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.