About Credentialing and Consulting Services
Maritime Institute offers one-on-one credential & consulting services. Our services are for both professional mariners renewing or upgrading their credentials and new mariners learning to navigate the credential process. We can provide guidance on requirements and review your documents to make sure your information is in compliance with the United States Coast Guard (USCG) National Maritime Center (NMC) applicable regulations and policies.
Speak with a Student Services member at: (866) 300-5984, or email: email@example.com
For credential application packets, credential requirement checklists, and official USCG forms, see our website under the Credentialing tab – Forms & Checklists. Note that all information for credential requirements and how to submit your application is established by the National Maritime Center: https://www.dco.uscg.mil/national_maritime_center/.
I contacted your organization by mistake, all the way from the Florida Keys, thinking you were a division of the Coast Guard, with questions about logging my sea time to renew my Master License.
I was routed to Leah, in credentialing, and I just had to write in to acknowledge her personality, professionalism, knowledge, and outstanding service. What an amazing asset you have on your team. She answered all of my questions and WAY over-delivered on value, making sure I had answers to questions I didn't even know I should have. She made me feel like I was one of your students and family.
It's the only time I have ever had (and probably will ever have) the thought, "I wish I lived in CA," just so I could do business with you.
Thank You, Leah! Your employers should be so proud and grateful to have you. - Jason S Moore
Effective September 1, 2021
Credential Service Includes: $250.00*
Credential Services is designed to help with submitting USCG license application for:
Original, Renewal, Upgrade, and Reinstating Credentials, Submission of STCW Endorsements, Military Sea Service Evaluations, Requesting Approval to Test
- One-on-one assistance via phone, email or in-person appointment
- Advising on credential requirements and future upgrades
- Assistance with completing application forms and Coast Guard fee payment
- Documents reviewed for compliance and work with mariner on revisions
- Application(s) submitted electronically to Coast Guard/Regional Exam Center on mariner’s behalf
- Includes 3rd party representation with the Coast Guard/NMC
- Help with monitoring your application through the processing at the Coast Guard/NMC
- Includes follow-up with the Coast Guard/NMC if additional information is needed
- On-hand until credential(s) are issued and received
Additional Services: (Contact Maritime Institute for Personalized Quote)
- Extended Services/Consulting/Project Management $100 increments
- Military Sea Service Vetting & Submission for Evaluation Applications $350 and up
- Project Management: Positive Drug Test, DUI or Active Case(s) within 1 yr. $500-600 and up
Other Credential Services:
- Medical - Submitting Medical Application only $50
- Continuity - Freezing your National Endorsement Only $100
- Duplicate - Requesting a Replacement for a Lost or Stolen Credential $100
- Tonnage Increase - Only for Master or Mate 100TN and below $150
- STCW – Adding an Individual STCW Endorsement to Credential $150
- Renewal – Only for Master or Mate 200TN & Below with DECK Renewal Course $200
*Maritime Institute current fees are effective September 1, 2021 and are subject to change. Clients will be quoted if additional services and fees are needed. Fees and quotes are valid for 30 days. Client must provide all requirements within 3 months of booking service or additional fees my apply. Service fees DO NOT include any USCG application-related fees.