Maersk Line, Limited
Now hiring: Third Assistant Engineer (Seagoing) – OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Maersk Michigan is a US flag tanker that operates in the Far East (Korea, Japan, Philippines, Singapore).
Tour length: 60-90 day rotations onboard, permanent position, subject to performance
Vacation: 23 days paid vacation for each 30 days of shipboard employment
Job description: Third Assistant Engineer
· Seagoing engineer responsible for upkeep and maintenance of shipboard machinery spaces and equipment. Serve as a day-working Engineering Officer as directed by Chief Engineer.
· Assist the Chief Engineer in scheduling, supervising, delegating and performing preventative maintenance action to shipboard equipment.
· Ensure USCG, Class, MLL , and MSC (as appropriate) regulations, policies and procedures are enforced in the Engine Department at all times as directed.
· Follow the company’s Quality Policy, Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and Quality System as directed.
· Supervise Engine Department personnel as directed
· Perform work assignments safely, with a minimum amount of supervision, as directed by the Chief Engineer or the Chief Engineer’s designate.
· Safely use power tools, hand tools and power equipment.
· Operate vessel’s machinery plant as directed
USCG Merchant Mariner Credential: Third Assistant Engineer, STCW OICEW, or higher engine license
– Tankerman PIC or Engineer preferred, but NOT required
USCG Medical Certificate, STCW expiration date applies
TWIC, not expired
Vaccination: COVID19 “fully vaccinated”
Drug screening (Company will provide)
Benzene Exam (Company will provide)
To apply, send copies of above documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maersk Line, Limited is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities who are applying for positions in the U.S. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Maersk Line, Limited (MLL) is an American company, headquartered in Norfolk, Va., that provides U.S. flag transportation, ship management and maritime technical services to government and commercial customers.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com