Website NCDOT Ferry Division
Be a part of the Smart Transportation revolution!
How to Apply
You MUST apply at https://tinyurl.com/3nrct2ut by June 26, 2023 at midnight EST.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don’t take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 250+ reviews.
New Higher Salary: 35,788 – $64,194 + $1,000 Signing Bonus!
We are looking for an experienced Marine Mechanic to join our Ferry team in our Cherry Branch Marine Maintenance Facility to maintain and repair diesel engines and other marine equipment.
In this role you will be diagnosing and repairing marine equipment, propulsion systems, hydraulics, electronics, pneumatics control systems, pumps, shafting, and associated systems.
What You Bring
- Working knowledge of the operating principles of diesel and gasoline engines.
- Experience with the operating principles of reduction gears and hydraulic systems.
- Knowledge of the workings and repair of air and electric control systems.
- Knowledge of vacuum and pressure pump systems and repairs.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing malfunctioning equipment.
Education & Experience
High school/GED diploma, and
3+ years experience in the repair of diesel and gasoline engines, transmissions, hydraulic, air and electric systems, and components, preferably in the ship repair or shipbuilding industry; or
An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Call me: Amy Jordan at 252.423.5111
Connect to NCDOT Careers: https://linkedin.com/in/ncdot-careers
Curious about Working at Ferry: https://bit.ly/JoinNCDOTFerry
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.