Website NCDOT_Careers NCDOT Ferry Division
We are leading the smart transportation revolution!
How to Apply
You MUST apply at https://bit.ly/3Af0Th5 by July 11, 2022 at midnight EST to be considered.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don’t take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 200+ reviews.
We are looking for a Marine Electrician to join our team in the NCDOT Shipyard in Manns Harbor, NC.
In this role, you will:
- Perform and direct the maintenance and repair of marine electrical systems on ferries and dredges and support vessels.
- Maintain and repair electrical/electro-mechanical systems of ferries and dredges operated by our Division of Ferries.
- Participate in and supervise the installation, maintenance, and repair of AC and DC generators, switchboards, distribution panels, lighting, and alarm circuits.
- Troubleshoot electrical equipment and circuits using appropriate test equipment to detect and effect required maintenance, repairs, or replacement requirements.
- Perform maintenance/repairs of generators, switchboards, controllers, circuit breakers, electrical motors, distribution panels, alarms, and lighting circuits.
- Conduct insulation resistance measurements of electrical cables to determine condition and make repairs/replacements as required.
- Supervise and participate in the installation/alteration to electrical systems on ferries and dredges.
- Maintain adequate inventories of electrical spare parts and requisition replacements as needed.
- Maintain electrical system maintenance histories noting dates, repairs, and alterations.
- Assist our marine engineer in the preparing and inspecting electrical repairs performed by outside contractors and during our annual shipyard overhaul.
- Your maintenance and repairs will be performed without technical supervision; however, complex electrical repair problems may be performed under the general supervision of a maintenance supervisor and are reviewed and evaluated through the continued and reliable operation of all electrical systems and their ability to meet U. S. Coast Guard requirements.
What You Bring
- Knowledge of electrical systems and required maintenance and repair needs.
- Knowledge of principles, techniques, and practices related to the installation, maintenance, repair and alteration of electrical and electro-mechanical systems.
- Skills in detection, diagnoses, maintenance and repair of electrical systems.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, install, and repair HVAC systems.
Education and Experience
- High school/GED diploma, and
- 4+ years experience in marine electrical and electro-mechanical systems maintenance/repair; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Call me: Catherine Peele at 252.423.5125.
Connect to NCDOT Careers on
See all NCDOT jobs at: https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs
See all NCDOT Ferry Jobs at https://bit.ly/NCDOTFerryJobs
Join NCDOT Ferry: https://bit.ly/JoinNCDOTFerry
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.