PMG seeks a motivated, task oriented individual to Assist the San Diego Port Engineer. This individual is part of the team that maintains, repairs and improves a fleet of tug, barges and equipment. Mechanical ability a must. Certificates and licenses from trade schools, machine shops or USCG preferred but not required. Veterans and (wrenches) of all types encouraged to apply.
· Report directly to Port Engineer for day-to-day activities.
· Join Port Captains, Port Engineer and vessel crews as they endeavor to keep all PMG assets operational and maintained at the highest level.
· Become knowledgeable of vessels and equipment that fall into the Port Engineer’s responsibility. Improve, as needed, start-up and shut-down checklists and procedures. Conduct spot inspections/audits as directed.
· As directed, be project manager of repair or improvement projects.
· Coordinate day to day necessary personnel needs with Port Engineer and Ops.
· Assist in development of repair specifications and coordinate the repair of the vessels by assisting Port Engineer in overseeing all activities directly related to the repairs.
· Attend all VMS and Weekly Planning Meetings and contribute as appropriate.
· Regularly attend vessels during times of out of service or dry-docking.
· Coordinate spare parts inventory and tracking with Port Engineer.
· Promote safe working practices and environmentally friendly procedures and practices in all aspects of maintenance, repair and operation.
· When necessary, join Port Engineer in post-accident/incident investigations.
· Assist Port Engineer in the development and modification of preventative maintenance plans for vessel equipment.
· Assist Port Engineer in implementing engineering procedures and policies. Be creative in improving vessels and procedures.
· As needed, sail aboard vessels as a crew member.
· Maintain all required USCG certifications and licenses and endeavor to advance and improve professionally and personally.
· Write reports and other company correspondence as directed by Port Engineer.
· Other responsibilities assigned by President or Port Engineer.
Works outside in conditions of both hot and cold temperatures as well as inside an office environment. Must be able to crouch and stoop to areas with restricted headroom, to climb ladders and to lift and carry 50-75 lbs. Exposed to odors, dust, dirt, mechanical hazards, high noise levels and potentially hazardous equipment. May involve travel to multiple locations and extended stays out of home locations. Long hours, short notice travel, weekend duties and 24 on call status is essential job requirement. Must comply with all work rules, including those that pertain to safety and health.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally
PMG is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals
with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email
email@example.com or call 619-533-7932 ext. 127. We will make a determination on your request for
reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
As a Federal Contractor, PMG is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm
eligibility to work in the United States. For information please click on the following link: https://www.e-verify.gov
PMG will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants
because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay.
Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information. https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/faqs/pay-transparency
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.