Website Crowley Fuels
Crowley's Western Alaska Petroleum Distribution Fleet
We’re Hiring Boat Engineers!
If you’re interested in working in Western Alaska, we’d like to hear from you.
For over 60 years Crowley has been supplying the remote villages of Western Alaska and the Arctic with heating fuel and gasoline so they can survive the winter. From the onset of spring through summer, our purpose-built tug and barge sets make their way up the Western coast of Alaska, up the rivers into the interior, and over the top to the Arctic.
In early fall we bring the boats back and put them away for the winter. This is truly a seasonal fleet, so all our crew members enjoy an extended winter break before coming back to work in the spring. There are opportunities for Winter / Off Season work for our Engineers.
USW Union – All In: $623.65/day
The following benefits are available after completing a 90-day probation period:
- Health Care coverage paid year-round (employee AND family) after signing an intent to return the following year
- 401k with company matching contributions (Year 1: 2%, Year 2: 4%, Year 3 and greater: 6%) AND 3.5% non-matching company contribution
- 10 days paid vacation each season w/ round-trip travel paid
- All travel to and from work is arranged and paid for by Crowley
- Ability to draw unemployment in the off-season
- Employer-paid training program available
- DDE 4000 or better -OR- holding a Tankerman PIC endorsement
- USCG MMC
- STCW endorsements
- Advanced Firefighting
- Basic Training
- Experience on smaller equipment
- Familiar with electronic engines
- Passport (valid entire hitch)
- USCG Medical Certificate (valid STCW date)
- USW member or willing to join
- DDE 4000 or better
- Experience sailing in Western Alaska
- Shipyard Competent Person
- Enjoys long hitches
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org