Website Flagship Cruises & Events
About the Opportunity:
Flagship Cruises & Events is looking for a Marine Diesel Mechanic with a positive attitude and a team player. Pay is competitive based on experience. This position is responsible for performing mechanical repair, maintenance, specification, and installation of equipment in a shipboard and support facility environment. Requires proficiency in operation, maintenance, and repair of main propulsion machinery, auxiliary machinery, and supporting systems (electrical, plumbing, electronics, and HVAC in a commercial marine environment).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Successfully and safely perform all diesel engine maintenance onboard vessels up to, and including, mechanical and electrical troubleshooting, and preventative maintenance work.
- Responsible for assessing and ensuring vessel readiness: reporting problems, proactive service, and maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs.
- Reports any and all safety hazards and corrects unsafe conditions
- Maintain logs and follow-up reports: including engine operating data, run hours, inspections, repairs, etc.
- Maintains all work/engineering spaces, company tools, and equipment in a clean and organized manner
- Performs skilled mechanical, electrical, and plumbing, maintenance, diagnosis, repair, and refitting aboard vessels and shoreside settings.
- Perform cleaning and custodial tasks of the vessels and property, including maintenance and construction tasks as assigned and minor engineering repairs and rounds as directed.
- Responsible for various department systems including fuel level monitoring, lubrication, and coolant, hazardous waste disposal/management, MDS sheets
- Additional job duties as assigned.
Requirement & Qualifications:
- Previous experience operating, maintaining, and repairing shipboard machinery and systems; gained through work experience, an accredited apprenticeship/degree program, or a combination of both.
- Proficiency with common marine shop equipment and tools including drills, grinders, presses, pullers, pipe threading equipment, saws, and welders
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment.
- Marine mechanical and electrical experience is highly desired.
- Clean DMV record and valid CDL (position requires driving between locations)
- TWIC card (or ability to get one upon hire)
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
- Good team player with a sense of urgency
- Must be able to pass pre-employment physical and drug screen
- Must be able to lift/pull/push 50lbs
- Ability to bend, rotate and reach frequently
- Ascending/descending stairs or ladders safely
- Ability to maneuver through/in/around small and/or confined areas within the vessel
- Must be able to maintain both static and dynamic standing balance to complete various duties associated with job
- The nature of the work may be strenuous and the work environment may be warm
Flagship Cruises & Events is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based on race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military status, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, Flagship Cruises & Events participates in the E-Verify.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org