Website Foss Maritime
Always Safe. Always Ready.
GO TO THIS WEBSITE TO APPLY: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=2148913&d=FossExternalCareerSite#/
The Engineer is responsible under the direction of the Captain and Leverman to assist in the safe and efficient operation, maintenance and repair of the dredge and associated machinery and equipment. The Engineer is expected to exercise due diligence in the performance of duties in the interest of the crew, employer, customer and marine public at large.
- Prior experience as Deckhand
- Knowledge, experience, skills, talent and ability to operate, maintain and repair dredge and tugboat machinery.
- Intermediate fitter
- Intermediate welder
- Basic Hydraulics
- Basic Electrical
- Basic Mechanics
- Elementary fluid flow (hydraulic dredging)
- Basic rigging
- Elementary pipe-fitting
- Aptitude for operating machinery/equipment
- Basic seamanship skills and knowledge– splicing, rigging etc.
- Organizational and communication skills for effective teamwork.
- Ability to think through unexpected events effectively.
- Ambition, creativity, resolve, common sense and good judgment for effective problem solving.
- Administrative skills to maintain records and inventories.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Must join the Inland Boatmen’s Union within 30 days of hire.
- Valid driver’s license from State of residence.
- Valid Merchant Mariner Document (MMD) and Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC)
Foss Maritime Company is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We are committed to a diverse workforce and taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Foss is a drug-free employer and a participant of the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com