Website Sea Wolf Adventures
Sea Wolf Adventures
The Engineer is responsible for maintenance, operation, and repair of all vessel electrical and mechanical systems onboard ships. The Engineer reports to the Master of the vessel and will assist the Master in communicating and enforcing all company policies and procedures.
Repair and Maintenance:
· Maintains the ship in a state of readiness at all times.
· Maintains potable water system.
· Maintains black water/gray water/waste tanks, treatment, and testing program.
· Monitors and ensures completion of all deficiencies noted in Cabin Maintenance logbook.
· Oversees all fueling operations and ensures safety and environmental compliance.
· Oversees and maintains systems including engineering and deck following
preventative maintenance program on daily, weekly and monthly scheduled tasks.
· Actively participates in shipyard repair and maintenance periods.
· Help with kayak deployment and as needed in other areas.
· Keeps vessel maintenance records, inventories and sailing status reports. Make
· proposals for maintenance and repair projects.
· Assist in building the annual shipyard budget and manage projects to the
· established budget.
· Maintains up to date logs for all equipment.
· Oversees all accounting reports, inventory and requisitions regarding equipment
Safety and Security:
· Follows company safety and pollution prevention policies and procedures and will request supervisory assistance/guidance when necessary.
· Conducts periodic inspections to ensure that crew observes regulations pertaining to safe vessel operation.
· Prepares the vessel for all annual dry-docks and inspections.
· Participates in shore side and onboard training as required by the company.
· Maintains familiarity with all duties under the company Safety Management System including Emergency Response Activities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Maritime Engineering School Graduate in good standing or equivalent experience, preferred.
· Strong knowledge of diesel propulsion and electricity generating systems. Also, should have knowledge of support systems such as fuel centrifuges, air compressors, pumps, hydraulics, water makers, plumbing, refrigeration, and heating systems.
· Proficient user of computer for documentation.
· Professional demeanor; ability to use appropriate levels courtesy with crew and guests.
· Strong time management skills; able to handle multiple tasks, set priorities and meet deadlines.
· Crisis management; work well under pressure, act quickly and decisively using sound judgment.
· Be a great team player and help in all areas as needed.
The Engineer will have guest contact and must be professional and have the ability to present information and respond to questions. Ability to read, analyze and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Must be able to provide concise and clear reports as required.
Required and Preferred Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
· Valid US Passport
· CPR / First Aid / AED and Ship Safety Course (Sea Wolf NOAA course or equivalent)
· Valid TWIC
· STCW Basic Training *
· STCW Advanced Fire Fighting *
· 25-Ton Masters for skiff duties*
*Preferred but not required for first year
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
· Mobility- Frequent bending, reaching, twisting, kneeling, crawling, and pushing/pulling. Must ascend and descend stairs and ladders, sometimes while carrying tools or objects. Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time.
· Handling/Strength- Ability to handle, lift, and lower objects totaling 50 pounds between the ground/deck level to a height of about 4 to 6 feet, and able to repeat these movements. Able to carry these objects up to 100 feet continuously for 20 minutes.
· Environmental Conditions- ability to work in all weather conditions, around loud noise, in small spaces, and fit through a 30-inch wide hatch.
This job description is intended only to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee in this position. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills or abilities required or persons so classified or assigned.
It is the policy of Sea Wolf Adventures not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, creed, religion, marital status, citizenship, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, ancestry, national origin, or veteran status in its educational programs, activities, or employment as required by law.
Please send your resume and references to seawolfoffice@ gmail.com
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com